Monday, May 7, 2012

I'm On Top of the World

Every have one of those days when you feel like your on top of the world? They feel great don't they? That wasn't the day I had today. I had an interiew today and I don't feel that it went well. It was a job that I that I am interested in, but I don't feel that I was quite sharp enough today. This all made me feel anxious and I immeiately began to beat myself up. So I decided to go to the park for a walk to work off some of the nervous energy. I parked my car and got out. I parked near a pond and there were a couple people feeding the ducks and geese. I swear they had enough bread to last a family of 10 for a week and possibly two. It was alot of bread. They kept digging more bead out of the trunk of the car. The ducks and geese didn't seem to mind. They acted like they expected it.

There was also a couple of men in a van. The one man in the van began talking to the lady that was feeding the birds. I  decided their conversation might be interesting so I decided to sit down and listen in. As I listened in I quickly learned that they both worked with individuals with disabilities. In fact they were working with individuals while they were talking. I thought to myself, why are they talking to each other instead of the individuals they were with. This went on for over 15 minutes.

Then the individuals got out of the van and I realized that there were actually four gentlemen sitting in the van. The driver got out a fishing net and they all went toward the water. I decided I had listened to the group long enough. So I walked away. I was able to get close to some ducks, who were not sure if they wanted me to get any closer.

 
Ducks at the park





But the gentlemen feeding the ducks were still in my line of sight. There was one gentlemen in particular that caught my eye. From a distance you could tell that he truly enjoyed being out and feeding the birds. He was waving at them and talking about them. When I returneded to my car, the gentlemen were still out enjoying the day. As I got into my car the gentlemen who caught my eye looked my way and smiled. It was the most genuine smile I have ever seen in my life. It waas a smile that was generated by a person who was absolutely at peace with himself. And at that moment I realized that jobs don't matter, but sharing that level of happiness with those around me is one of the things that really matter in life.



No comments:

Post a Comment