Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Forget Love...I'd Rather Fall in Chocolate!

Please don't take that statement to mean that I don't believe in love. Or that I have anything against love. Love makes the world go round. It's the greatest of these. But you do have to admit there are times when love can be alot of work. And falling into chocolate just might be easier. And besides chocolate tastes really great!

Your probably wondering why I'm so enamoured by chocolate today so I'll tell you. I was checking out blogs early this morning, and I came across a blog titled From a Beautiful Mess. I read some of the posts and there was a recipe on one of the posts for Red Wine Chocolate Sauce. I thought that sounds tasty! And I read through the recipe and thought that sounds really easy. So I decided I would make it. It turned out fabulous! I highly recommend it. Especially if you need a topping for ice cream. Here's the recipe. Feel free to share it with everyone.


Red Wine Chocolate Sauce, makes about 1 cup

Needed: 1/2 cup red wine (any kind you like or have on hand is fine!), 1 cup dark (or milk) chocolate chips, 1/4 cup light corn syrup.

In a pot simmer the wine over low/medium heat. Allow it to cook for about 8 minutes, it will reduce some. Turn the heat down and add in the chocolate and corn syrup. Whisk vigorously as things begin to melt, then remove from heat and continue whisking until every thing is well incorporated.

I used a sweet red wine, which made it even tastier I think.

Anyway, I'm happy because I'll have something to take for the Thursday night Big Bang Theory meal. All I have to do is stop and pick up some ice cream before I go tomorrow.

If you enjoy chocolate, you'll love this sauce. And you never know you might end up saying Forget Love... I'd Rather Fall in Chocolate.

I hope that everybody has a chance to either fall in love or fall in chocolate today.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Heidi for including me on your blog. I enjoyed reading your musings, especially about falling in chocolate, which of course, is a lot less work than falling in love. Though I must admit falling in love is the easy part...staying in love is the work! I'm going to try making some of your red wine chocolate (especially dark chocolate). Sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete