Thursday, August 30, 2012

He Was Right!

Isn't it the worst when you have to admit somebody else was right about something kind of silly? I think that overall I'm a fairly optimistic person, but occassionally I do have days when I wake up in a fowl mood. Today was one of those days. I woke up just wanting to feel sorry for myself. There was nothing really wrong with me. After all I have a pretty good life. But this morning I started out making a mental list of all the things I didn't like. After a couple minutes of doing, I remembered what my dad always said, "if you keep a good attitude about things, good things will come of it." So I told myself, the old Oral Roberts line, Something Good Is Going to Happen to You. But I inserted me instead of you.

And it worked! Today has been a fantastic day! A friend of mine called and gave me a bunch of stuff I needed! It was awesome! And then my boss called and said she needed to change to work not just the two days she scheduled me for, but the whole week. Now those things probably would have happened whether I was in a good mood or not, but I was able to enjoy my day up until the point because I decided to be in a good mood. And I was even happier when those great things did occur. So as much as I hate to admit it dad and Oral Roberts were both right.

Things I really would like to have today:

Close this window

I love this dress! Blue is my favorite color so it caught my attention immediately. And the cap sleeves just add a little touch to the dress. This dress would be great to wear to the office or out on a date. It's available at through Shabby Apple. Shabby Apple has loads of other cute dresses that are perfect for work. And they also donate 5% of their net sales to charity. I like to hear that companies do that. But you can follow the link below to buy this dress or one of the other great items in their store.

http://www.shabbyapple.com/?AffiliateID=15028


This hat just made me smile. It's available in desertdiamonds store on etsy.com. She makes these hats by hand. And she actually developed the hat for someone that was going through chemotherapy. I think that is awesome! She calls it the Save The Hooters Breast Cancer Owl Hat! And she will make them for any size. And an added bonus, she donates $5 from each Save The Hooters Breast Cancer Owl Hat to the charity of your choice. I think she deserves a big Hoot! for that. (Yeah, I know it was bad joke, but really she does deserve a big Hoot!) Anyway, you can follow the link below to purchase this hat.

The Moo Moo Keychain
My next shopping want for the day is this keychain! Once again when I saw it I smiled when I saw this keychain. And here's the bonus with this keychain, you recieve a small tag telling her story. It's adorable and fun. It's available in glamfusions shop in zibbet.com. Here's the link if you interested in purchasing her.

http://www.zibbet.com/Glamfusions/artwork?artworkId=966974

Need something else to read now that I'm close to the end of my blog posting. Check out Super Cute Kawaii! You'll love it if you like Kawaii! And if you don't know what Kawaii is you can learn about it on that blog.

http://www.supercutekawaii.com/

I hope everybody had something good happen to them today.

No comments:

Post a Comment