Monday, September 3, 2012

Easy Chocolate Covered Apricots

I don't know about you guys, but I love dried apricots. They are sweet and a little bit tangy, and that is a mixture I love. Maybe it's because we always had them around the house while I was growing up. Maybe it's because my mom baked with them. Maybe it's because I always remember my father eating them. I think they taste great, and they obviously bring up positive memories for me. And after I thought about it for awhile, I decided to whip up some chocolate and nut covered apricots to take with me to dinner tomorrow night. This is a simple and quick item to prepare for any occasion that you need to bring along something for everyone to snack on.

All you need is:
dried apricots
chocolate chips
chopped nuts

1. Melt the chocolate chips in a pan on low heat.
2. Dip the apricots in chocolate until it is covered half way.
3. Dip the chocolate covered part of the apricot in chopped nuts.
4. Place on wax paper, and place in freezer or fridge to cool.

Easy Chocolate Covered Apricots

Put this on a pretty plate and you will have a fairly healthy snack item to take along to your next gathering.

I told you it was easy!



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for including me in your Apricot Roundup!!! Just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so incredible! I'm always so amazed by your talent. Pinned and tweeted. Please join us on Monday at 7 pm and party with us! It is so super fun to see what you have been working on! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete