Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Slow Down

Since the weather is starting to cool down a little I decided that I wanted to make some soup for lunch. Not Campell's or Progresso, but the real thing. And this was my lunch.

Cheddar Broccoli Soup

I bet your lunch was nowhere as good as mine. This is so easy to make, and everybody will think you worked hard. What you need is Butter(yes, I said butter), Milk, Cheese, and Broccoli. First throw a quarter of a stick of butter in a pan. Let it melt, and throw in the broccoli. Pour in a couple of cups of milk, bring it to a low bowl. Then dump in a couple of cups of shredded cheddar cheese. Cook it until the cheese melts. Is it heart healthy? No, but butter is really the key. And eat some oatmeal the next morning to help absorb some of that fat you ate.

I've often found that listening to the right music will result in great food. So today's perfect song was Slow Down by Jack Earls. Hey rockabilly is just fun music that gets you moving.






4 comments:

  1. Thank you for including my red and black apron. I have over 400 apron available on my website www.AGiftToTreasure.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Broccoli soup is my go to. It's also the only way my daughter will eat broccoli. I google+ and pinned it. #ticklemytastebuds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling apron! Love it. I need to slow down this week. I just need to find the time....LOL!

    ReplyDelete