Monday, November 26, 2012

Egg and Lemon Soup


I love going to Greek restraunts, and the main reason is Avgolemono Soupa (egg and lemon soup). A lot of people turn their noses up to it, but I love it. It’s the perfect mix of lemon and chicken to me. The zesty lemon taste wakes up my taste buds. So I made egg and lemon soup today. Here’s the recipe, so you can enjoy this wonderful soup too.

6 cups chicken stock, salt, ½ cup rice or orzo, 1 teaspoon flour, ¼ cup flour, 3 eggs, and the juice of 2 lemons

Bring the stock to a boil and add salt and rice. Boil for 18 minutes. Remove 3 cups of broth, cover the rest of the rice and keep warm. Make a paste of the water and flour, add to the broth. Beat the eggs thoroughly, and then alternate adding eggs and lemon juice to the broth. Once this is finished add the mixture to the rice. Stir thoroughly and then serve.

2 comments:

  1. My husband LOVES Greek lemon soup, I will have to try this!!

    Xo, Courtney
    www.shabbyloveschic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds delicious! My cousins are Greek, I wonder if they even know about this delicious soup! They're always harassing me to try Greek food ;) Something about it being the only food worth eating.

    ReplyDelete