Friday, November 9, 2012

Three Important Travel Tips


I just got home from a short trip to visit family in Florida. It was a nice time. But I realized there are a couple of things that you need to remember when you fly in the year 2012.

1.      It costs extra to take luggage on your trip. So if you’re visiting family or friends, don’t check your baggage. Either mail your clothes which should cost around $10.00 one way. Compare that to a $30.00 charge one way to check baggage. Or go to a local thrift store and pick up some cheap clothes. If you mail your clothes make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get the package to its destination.

2.      In most cases airlines do not provide snacks on flights. When I was seated on the airplane, an elderly gentleman asked the stewardess if there would be anything to eat on the flight. She replied to him, “Honey, it’s been awhile since you’ve flown anywhere isn’t it?” In order to keep ticket prices down airlines have chopped out anything that costs them extra. So eat before you fly, unless you want to pay at least $5.00 for many snacks.

3.      Long term parking is awesome, if you can remember where you parked when you get back home. Yes, I spent a half hour walking around long term parking this morning trying to find my car. So if you park in long term parking, write down what section you parked in.
Here are some travel picks that I love today.
 
Soaring
      I love this picture from an airplane window. It's beautiful! It's available through OnThisEnd's shop on etsy.
 
 
Airplane Jet Cufflinks
      And well if your an airplane buff, these cufflinks are for you. They are available through RaqArt's shop on zibbet.
Hope everyone has a great afternoon!
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. My parents are headed to Puenta Cana for a tropical vacation so I'll have to pass these tips on to them :)

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my family travels, we always mail clothing. It's much less expensive than paying those awful checked baggage fees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing tipps, very useful and the first picture is just "wow"

    want to follow each other? i will defiently follow back

    my blog:
    http://thebizarrebirdcage.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never check bags! I am way too cheap. Always carry on for me!

    ReplyDelete