Friday, February 1, 2013

Continuity


ContinuityContinuity Book Review

Continuity by C. Allen Brown
 

What happens when the way things have always been change? The way things were created suddenly changes. This is the problem that the Guardians are facing.  The number of Authentics, or everlasting human souls, has always been 3,137. But for some unknown reason more Authentics are being created.

The Guardians are able to create Suits, individuals with no soul. Suits look like everyone else, but they have a little bit of the Guardian who created in them. The question is what happens if too much of the Guardian is in the Suit? You wind up with what seems to be a new Messiah, who can heal other Suits. But when Suits are healed a little bit of the Guardian who created them dies and the end result is Guardians are dying.

I have to admit at first I wasn’t really sure what was going on in this book. And it wasn’t the bad kind of what’s going on, it was the kind of going on that made me want to read more about the characters. As the story unfolded, I decided that the story is really a love story with lots of action. The different characters displayed different versions of love. The book shows every version of love ranging from obsession to selfless love.  

The thing that I really liked about this book was that it showed how what seems to be a good thing, can turn into something really bad if it is not done for the right motives. I also liked how it pointed out how one simple act can bring about extreme situations.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I have come here by way of your comment on my blog and find I wish there was a chapter two to your review. You have me hooked, the Suits sound fascinating! It is so lovely to discover your blog. I!m off to explore! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete