Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Huevos Rancheros


breakfast foodsDid you know that people who each breakfast on a regular basis are more likely to maintain a healthy body weight? Interesting huh? So, huevos rancheros is a fairly easy and healthy breakfast food for everyone. And it’s gluten-free, nut-free, and vegetarian. It’s a bonus for all those individuals with dietary restrictions. You all can eat this.

In a saucepan, heat some black beans and chipotle in adobo sauce. This is your side dish.

Then heat up a little olive oil in a skillet. Fry a corn tortilla in the oil for about 10 seconds on each side. Make sure you drain the excess oil from the tortilla when your finished cooking.

Then fry an egg in the oil.

Place the tortilla on a plate. Put the egg on the tortilla. Then add some salsa, freshly chopped green onions, chopped cilantro, sliced avocado, and shredded cheese.

Put a helping of the black beans on the side.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I have 6 avocados sitting in my counter right now. I am so antsy for them to ripen!

    Thanks for the love on my blog.
    I'm excited to start following each other :)

    Megan
    If you have time, check out my first ever GIVE AWAY! http://nauticalowl.blogspot.com/2013/02/neverland-give-away.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh love this. I am gluten and dairy intolerant so it is perfect for me :) My husband and I love Mexican dishes because I can have sooo many things, and I am a HUGE fan of avocado. Thanks for checking out my blog, I am following you now too :)

    ~Alyssa
    www.butterfliesonmars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!! Thanks for linking up at My Favorite Things Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete