Thursday, February 21, 2013

Mmmm, Apricots


Greek Yogurt with Apricots

I wanted a simple healthy snack for the day. And this is what I decided on. It’s pretty easy, and it is really healthy! The yogurt made my bones happy they love calcium. The apricots alone contain 50% of the vitamin A I needed for the day. The honey helps boost my immune system. (Helpful hint, buy local! It’s just better for you!) Vanilla smells great and helps us relax, but studies are also indicating it helps fight cancer and Parkinson’s disease. And the almonds are the super nut. The list of their benefits is too long to go into at this time.

So let's get cooking!

Warm ¾ cup water and 1/3 cup of honey in a saucepan until the honey is dissolved. Add about a cup of dried apricots. (Rehydrating the dried apricots in honey will add extra flavor to the apricots.)  Cook until the apricots are soft. Stir in the vanilla. Give it time to cool. Put some yogurt in a dish. Add the apricots, and then garnish with almonds.
Now enjoy your tasty and healthy snack!
Music to Blog by Pixies Where is my Mind

5 comments:

  1. Looks extremely good and healthy! And I love almonds!

    Stopping by from Almost Friday Hop and a new follower of yours!

    xo,
    Jessica
    http://thedoilyduck.blogspot.com ... Come stop by sometime!

    p.s. My husband is a huge Pixie fan too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cool to hear all of the different health benefits you can get out of eating certain foods. I know I feel a whole lot better when I'm paying attention to putting good foods in my body! I'm no fan of apricots, though--I would probably switch those out for some berries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pixies, thanks for sharing this classic.

    Hope you have a great weekend :)

    apinhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the Pixies! Takes me back. I make a similar thing with Goji berries. It's really good and easy to make. Really kicks the yogurt up a notch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really tasty, I haven't had apricots for ages. Very healthy. Heather x

    ReplyDelete