Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wednesday Want List

This Wednesday the cold weather has me longing for warm weather, and all of the fun that goes along with warm weather. So what came to my mind? Tiki! It's one of those crazy things from the 40's, 50's and 60's that I love. And come on who doesn't love a luau? I mean it's always warm at a luau isn't it? So here are a few the items I really want today!

 
Upper Left Vintage Tapa Tiki Print Sportscoat Paisley Babylon
Ok, dudes if you want to really impress me try out this jacket. The pattern is totally awesome, and it takes a big personality to wear a jacket like this.
Upper Right-Tiki Hair Clips The Doll City Rocker
Every time I see these I want them a little bit more. But I can never decide which one I want most. There is a choice of blue, orange or brown. These tiki items are made from felt and hand embroidered.
Middle-Tiki Motel Sign Friendly Made
I wish I knew where this motel was, and if it is still open, but I also liked the design on the 5 x 5 photo. I thought it would be a great addition to my house.
Lower Left-Handpainted Tiki Handbag MoMosMadness
I love the bright colors, and I love the tiki design on the purse, and well I just love everything about this purse.
Lower Left-50's Tiki Bombshell Dress simplicityisbliss
I love this style of dress, and this one is so perfect for a luau.
 
So let me know what you think of the items.
 
 
Music to blog by The Sound of Tiki
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi~
    I'm so glad you like my purse!! The tiki theme is one of my favorite things to paint.
    Thanks for including me :-)

    I have a blog, too: www.VintageAdvantage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so ready for summer as well. Love these picks. Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at BT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha my friend bought a house and the backroom off the kitchen opens on to a deck which over looks a lake and they turned it in to a Tiki lounge!

    Ali of

    www.dressingken.com

    ReplyDelete