Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Whatcha Been Reading?

It's been a while since I've talked about books, so here are couple that might peak some of people's interest.

Spades By Kristy Evans

SpadesCalise is a young lady, who has had a few problems in her life.  The biggest one is she hates living with her father and step-mother. But she found a way out. Through her new friend Chris and the group he belongs to. All of the members of the group have a mysterious spade tattoo that Calise wants to know more about. But the answers are not coming quickly. And there is a mysterious person telling her to “RUN”.

This is the second book in a series, and I really enjoyed reading it. The book focuses on Calise, who wants a change in her life, and she is willing to go to extremes to make them. The characters were diverse and interesting. And all of them decided to leave behind their old lives to create another. I really liked the fact that each of the characters is extremely hard working.

This book is classified as young adult. But that is mainly due to the fact that most of the characters are teenagers. The topics covered in the book could apply to any age group.
 
 
Secret Confession of a Clean Freak-How to have a really clean home without spending your weekends cleaning it by Carole Stannard-Pagan.
Product DetailsIf you are a wee bit unorganized like I am this book is one that you should check out. This book is full of information on how to clean, and organize your home! It even contains a checklist for daily, weekly, and seasonal cleaning. It's just what I needed.
 
 
So does anyone have any real good book recommendations for me? Leave a note in the comments, and I'll look into them.
Music to Blog by Caitlin Rose No One to Call
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! I need some new books to read!

    xo, Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo sounds like I should add both of those to my book list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always looking for new books, I will add this to the list of things to read. Thanks! :)

    apinhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the suggestions! I'm always looking for a good read! I'm visiting from seriously Shawn- have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like most young adult books are really for adults. It's my favorite genre!

    I'm going to have to see if my library carries this series. Sounds interesting, and now I want to know more about the tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read Safe Haven. And then I went to see the movie. The book is ALWAYS better than the movie. Why is that??

    YA is one of my fav genre's too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am reading the new Alex Cross book by James Patterson and I love it!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo... I love getting new book suggestions! Thanks for this :)

    Found you on the Meet Me Mondays blog hop! So glad to have popped by... *waves hello* from a new follower, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to get myself into gear and start reading more! I love all the old classics written by women but I have exhausted that genre and there is no one left... ;-(
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete