Thursday, March 7, 2013

Fifty


Most people who hear the word fifty cringe. But nope not me. Today fifty is a wonderful word. I’m not talking about turning fifty years old. Because it’s not my birthday. I’m talking about having fifty followers. That’s a milestone for me.  When I saw the number fifty behind followers, and I thought to myself wow. Fifty people are actually looking at my work on a regular basis.

When I really started this blog, I didn’t really think anyone would look at it. But part of me believed that I could put together something decent to read. In case you haven’t noticed I do look at the world a little bit differently than many people so I knew it probably wouldn’t be everybody’s cup of tea. And there was the little problem with I really don’t have background writing or taking photos. But I was pleasantly surprised when people informed me that they liked my writing style. I mean I was really surprised.

And I’ve learned a lot while I’ve blogged. I’ve learned that photos are a real challenge for me. They never seem to come out the way I planned. I’ve slowly begun to learn about html. It’s another one of those great challenges for me. I’ve learned that there a lot more people in the world with interests that are similar to mine than I ever dreamed. And I don’t have ordinary interests.

So where does all of this go from here. I don’t know exactly. But I do know that there are more great things coming. I am meeting some really cool people with great interests that are widening my diverse interests. Some of the people I automatically have something in common with and some of the people are people that I am learning new things from. Isn’t that cool? And no matter where things go with this project. I’m going to have fun with it.

Music to blog by Creep by Radiohead

4 comments:

  1. I love meeting new bloggers and it is such a great community to be a part of. Over the last year i have honestly made good "friends" without ever having met them face to face through blogging. Congrats - you're up to 53 followers now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post.
    check out my newest post: http://the-caramel-dream.blogspot.com/2013/03/bez-naslova-18.html

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for checking out my blog. I hope you come back for more. Happy 50 followers, I'm about 45 away! Nothing wrong with seeing things differently, if we all thought alike the world would be a boring place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Followed you over from Let's Get Social Sunday link up party. Congrats on reaching 50 followers! I am now #56. I am not at 50 GFC followers yet, but am trying to get there. Somehow I have more then 200 FB likes, and less then 50 GFC followers, LOL. I am a new blogger trying to build my blog and love seeing others who get as excited as I do about reaching number goals. Would love a GFC follow back when you get a chance to check me out. Happy Sunday!

    Jackie
    www.thenonmarthamomma.com

    ReplyDelete