Friday, March 1, 2013

Hot Bacon Slaw


Yep, I wanted a hamburger and some cole slaw. But I didn’t want the average cole slaw that you pick up at the store. I wanted something a little different. So I made Hot Bacon Slaw. Now I know there are some of my readers thinking isn’t hot slow just cooked cabbage. And my answer is umm, yeah in a way it is. But it is slaw with a little flare, and it has a little different taste to it. So here’s how you make it.

Fry up a couple bacon slices. Yes in a frying pan. When the bacon is cooked, take it out of the pan and set it aside. Next add a package of ready to eat coleslaw to the pan you cooked the bacon in. Leave those drippings in the pan. That adds flavor to your slaw. Now sauté your slaw mix over a medium heat. Add a ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar, 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar, 3 tablespoons water, ½ a teaspoon seasoned salt, and ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper. (If you want a little extra kick you can add extra red pepper.) Cook it for about 1 minute while you’re stirring it. You want to make sure that all of those ingredients get mixed well.  Then crumble in the bacon slices.

See that wasn’t too difficult and it tastes great.

Music to Cook by At Ease by The Baboons

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Cabbage cooked in bacon grease? I'm in! Thanks for sharing with the Merry Monday Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete