Saturday, March 30, 2013

Marie Antoinette's Helicopter



So does anybody recognize this lady?

Marie Antoinette - 1762

It's Marie Antoinette. You remember her from your history classes don't you? The Queen of France who met an awful end. But while she was alive she was not only the Queen of France, but she was also the Queen of Bling. It's probably part of the reason for her horrible end. But anyway, artist Joana Vasconcelos has envisioned what Marie's ride would be like if she was a modern day Queen of Bling. And this is the artist's vision.


Can't you just picture this sitting in the courtyard at Versailles?





I don't know about the rest my faithful followers, but I want one!

Music to blog by Lovely Hula Hands by The Lei Momi Sweethearts




5 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi, thanks for visiting my blog! Your blog is really interesting and different; I think I'll really enjoy reading it. I'm following you with GFC, and looking forward to reading more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that Marie knew how to live it up! Thanks for sharing and Happy Weekend! (I'm here from Social Mix)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heidi,
    Whew, what a feather-filled life! Thanks for sharing this interesting bit of history...Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too cute! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Imagine that hovering in the sky! What a wild thought!!

    ReplyDelete