Monday, March 25, 2013

Three Reasons I Want to Know How To Knit


Okay, I really do want to learn to knit. And my reasons for wanting to learn how to knit probably aren’t the same as most people. Most people want to learn to make scarves and sweaters for themselves or for their loved ones, but the real reason I want to learn to knit is yarn bombing.

For those of you who don’t know what yarn bombing is, Yarn bombing is going out and plastering something in the world with a beautiful item you’ve knit. It’s absolutely amazing. So here are the three reasons I want to learn to knit.
 
 


Yarn Bombing
 
Isn't that tank just the coolest? Let me know if any of you can knit and if any of you have yarn bombed.
 
 

8 comments:

  1. What? I've never heard of this! My friend Jillian would adore this concept. It's like a mob dance but with yarn! Very cool art concept. Thanks for sharing.

    The Nautical Owl
    Facebook
    Etsy
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knit! But I have never heard of this yarn bombing before. I really learned just by sitting in front of youtube and copying what they did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can crochet and do a bit of cross-stitch but never learnt how to knit. I wish I could knit. It is interesting learning about yarn bombing. Have a good week Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've known how to knit since I was five (comes from having an English mother, I think), but I've never done yarn bombing. I've seen some great examples of it, though, and think it's hilarious!
    Heather from Friendship, Life and Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool idea!! I'd love to know how to knit! I can crochet but I really need to learn knitting too!!

    Asnika xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can knit, my speciality is making bed socks, but I've never yarn bombed before. Maybe I should go put my socks on a few statue feet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Awesome blog with cats! What more can one ask for? I am actually going to be doing a tutorial with video on how to knit on my blog. It's really easy!

    Maria @ keepingitstepford.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Civil Wars are the bomb diggity! Love them

    ReplyDelete