Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Whatcha Been Watchin?


Our Idiot Brother has to be one of the funnest movies I’ve seen recently. From the opening scene where Ned, an organic gardener, provides a uniformed sheriff with illegal substances, because the officer said he needed something to help him relax to the end of the film where he opens a shop that sells handmade candles. The movie is full of fun little incidents. If the world was full of more Ned’s it would certainly be a nicer place.

 
 
 
 
 
 
Heathers is a movie I’ve always loved. You know the one with Winona Ryder and Christian Slater. It’s the story of a girl who tries to fit in, but just can’t. She hooks up with a rebellious boyfriend, who is a little more rebellious than she realized. I really do love this movie. Some of it is so beyond reality. But I have to admit this time I found it to be a little disturbing. You know for some reason this time the ending really made me think of Columbine. Somehow when the movie was made it was just a crazy ending, but years later it’s a little disturbing.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Jane By Design is the ABC Family show that was on for one season and then it got cancelled. But the shows I’ve watched are really good. Jane is a smart teenager, who happens to land a job in the fashion industry by mistake. She lives a double life one in the fashion industry, and the other one in high school. It always seems like the shows that I really enjoy get cancelled far too soon, while shows I don’t enjoy watching stay on season after season.

 
 
 
 
 
 
Music to blog by Timeless by The Airborne Toxic Event

2 comments:

  1. You are so right about the good shows not staying on TV long enough and the dumb shows seem to last years!! It's kinda scary if you think about how the world's taste in entertainment has changed so drastically over the past 30 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great movie suggestions! My idiot brother looks really funny, haha. I had been wondering how it was, now I know I need to check it out! :D

    ~Alyssa
    www.butterfliesonmars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete