Monday, April 15, 2013

Moroccan Spiced Olives


Need something to nibble on? Forget those chips and dips, and go for some spiced olives. ‘Cause they are just better for ya than those chips, and they definitely taste a lot better. So here’s how you make ‘em.


Add caption
 
Dump three cups of green olives in a bowl. Not the ones with the pimentos in the middle. But fresh ripe ones, or if you live in the Midwest like I do, a couple of cans of plain green olives will do. Make sure they are packed in water. You want them to have an olive taste, not the taste of the fluid it’s in. Now cut the zest off of a lemon, and throw it in with the olives. Now squeeze that lemon juice over the lemon zest and olives, and set it aside.

Next thing you do is warm up some olive oil in a skillet. Add some coriander and cumin, and allow it cook for a couple of minutes. Pour the oil mixture over the olives. Then add a cup of olive oil, some garlic, and some crushed red peppers. And mix it up. Allow this to sit for a while. And then you have one snack that will take you away to the distant Morocco.
 

6 comments:

  1. That sounds delish!!! I'm always looking for new and different snack foods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really great idea! I'm a sucker for hummus. But this is also a good recipe!

    Thanks for sharing.

    The Nautical Owl
    Facebook
    Etsy
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delicious. I love olives and I eat them often. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never actually thought of flavoring olives, but why not. I'm sure these would taste good on a salad too. Thanks for the idea/recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - this sounds delicious! I've got to try it.

    ReplyDelete