Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Strange Days Indeed


Yesterday was an odd day. I received some news that I didn’t really want to hear. So as I was sitting around wallowing in self-pity yesterday afternoon, life offered up one of its great wake up calls. I heard about the bombing that occurred in Boston. At that moment in time I realized that while the problem I have is a doozy, I still have so many things to be thankful for in life. I have people in my life that love me, I have a safe place to live, and I have great health. And those are some of the truly important things in life.

Music to blog by Oxford Comma by Vampire Weekend

6 comments:

  1. Great post! Sweet and true. Yesterday was such a tragedy but i love the promptness and care of those around to help. Many heroes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was watching the news all day yesterday after I heard. It's one of those things that hard to hear about.
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny mention that because I have been in a slump for quite sometime now! The events that happened were horrific and really is an eye opener to how lucky we really are to have family,friends and our health~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even if it is not event such as the one in Boston, we can always look around and find someone whose problems or life is worse than ours. In everything give thanks, there is always something better just around the corner.

    Thanks for sharing on Tuesdays With a Twist Link Up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bombing was such a shock. It certainly reminds us of our perspective in everyday life.

    As for the song - I totally love it! I'd really only heard of Vampire Weekend as a band my sons liked. Those high note ooo ooo's are so delightful. I reckon this'll end up in my iPod!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great to remember to be thankful for all of the good things in your life, no matter how small. Have you heard the Vampire Weekend song, Diane Young? I can't get it out of my head!

    Have a great weekend :)

    apinhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete