Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I Spent The Day at the Races


No, I didn’t go to the horse races, or a track meet. I went to the Weiner Dog Races. A lot of communities now have Weiner dog races and if there is one in your community I recommend that you attend. I am always surprised how fast those little dogs can run.  I mean they have those short little legs and such long bodies for their height. They are cute little dogs, but not dogs that I expect to run fast.

I am always amazed to see the diversity among these little dogs. There are ones with long hair, short hair, dark coloring, and red coloring.

These are a couple of the things I observed while I was at the races.

Starting is 90% of winning. I was surprised at how many of the dogs won races just because the person the other dog did not show up for the race.
Photo by Gloria Diaz
 
Whatever you do-do it with style. This dog was not a fast racer, but his personal style made him a winner of at least one race.
Photo by Gloria Diaz
 
Don’t be afraid to sing your own praises. One little dog yapped from the time his owners started bringing him to the race line to the time he began to run.  He was not afraid to let the competition know his how good a racer he was.

And last but not least. Always take time to relax after you have worked hard.
Photo by Gloria Diaz
 
Music to blog by Deep Purple by Nino Tempo and April Stevens
 

8 comments:

  1. Yay puppy races!! SO cute

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful blog!! I'm your newest GFC follower from the “Tuesday with a Twist” blog hop - this is my blog if you wanted to follow back: godsgrowinggarden.com
    Thanks
    Angie
    PS – I would also like to invite you to a blog hop called: “The Chain Linky CLIMB” it lasts 1 month long & each week we add new co-hosts for ultimate networking possibilities – Thank you! Chain Linky CLIMB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been to weiner races and have laughed the whole time! So dang cute.
    Great song and thanks for linking up.
    Holli

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how fast little legs can go. My son and his GF have a similar dog. One chance and he's off out the door at some rate!

    I've popped over from Holli's Tuesday Tunes to say that I very much appreciated your song. A little retro and some fab harmonica in the background makes for a very enjoyable TT !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post! I'd like to feature this on my blog if you don't mind? -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute!! Doggie races.
    Thanks for sharing at Tuesdays with a Twist! Looking forward to seeing what you share this week!

    http://back2basichealth.blogspot.com/2013/06/tuesdays-with-twist-11-with-guests.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. You tied these pictures together nicely. You write better than you think!

    ReplyDelete