Thursday, June 27, 2013

Jambalaya

Who doesn't love creole cooking? And one of the best creole recipes is jambalaya. It's easy and it tastes great. Here's what you need to get started

1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup chopped white onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 teaspoon garlic
1/2 cup melted butter.

Place these items in a pan and saute them.

Now add 1 lb shrimp that's been peeled and cleaned to the mixture. Cook for another five minutes. 

Then add 16 oz. whole tomatoes
1 cup of water bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon hot sauce
Cook on low for another 15 minutes

Add a cup of raw rice cover tightly cook for another 25 to 30 minutes or until the rice is done.






6 comments:

  1. Yummy! I've never actually made my own jambalaya, but you make it sound easy!

    Lauren
    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me want to go to New Orleans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do, i do!! :) I need this to help me polish my cooking. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks yummy

    Thanks for linking up today to Serenity Saturday Link Party

    Natasha @ Serenity You

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious, Heidi! I am going to pin this to my gluten free food board on Pinterest. This is definitely something I could and would eat!

    Thanks for linking up to The Creative HomeAcre blog hop!

    ReplyDelete