Friday, June 28, 2013

Let's Go Bowling

Do you remember the first time you went bowling? I do. I was in junior high, and as part of our physical education class we went bowling. I remember thinking I have no idea what is going on here. The first thing I had to do was get a different pair of shoes. And I thought why do I need different shoes? And as a 13 year old girl, I thought those are the ugliest shoes ever! After putting on the shoes, I just grabbed a bowling ball. I had no idea that bowling balls come in different weights. And well I grabbed a heavy one so I had a little difficulty throwing the ball. It soon became apparent to everyone that I was not an experienced bowler. I threw one gutterball after another. And I wound up with the whopping score of 12. Yes, I’ll say it again, 12. Needless to say I did not feel like a winner that day. But it is a day that I always look back on with a smile on my face. Since then I have grown to enjoy bowling, and I do seem to hit at least 100 every time I bowl. And far fewer of my throws are gutterballs.

So when I was contacted by One2One about an opportunity to let my readers know about AMF bowling centers Summer Sign Up Program, I said yes. And the fact that I could win a prize was another incentive, but no need to fear faithful followers the opinions are mine.  So what do you get from this program? Two free games of bowling for kids that are under the age of 15 every day of the week from now until September 2, 2013.  Shoe rental isn’t included, and it’s based on lane availability. But that’s still a pretty good deal.  All you have to do is register your kids in the program, and then show up at the center.



But that’s not the only deal they have going on. Adults ages 16 and up can purchase an AMF Summer Pass for $34.95. The pass includes 2 free games daily for the pass owner, and 3 guests. Once again you have to rent your shoes, but that’s still a great deal. And another great thing about this program is you can bowl anytime from the time the bowling center opens until 8 pm. That gives you a nice air conditioned place to go, get some exercise, and have some fun on a hot summer day.



So if you want to have a fun filled summer activity for you and your family, and if you want to save your children the embarrassment of bowling a 12 the first time they go bowling with their schoolmates, head on over to AMF Bowling Centers site, and sign up for the AMF Summer Unplugged program. You won’t regret it.

2 comments:

  1. Twelve??? Wow! LOL!. I bugged my mom to bowl when I was a little kid, but I have no idea what my score was, so I guess I shouldn't talk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember bowling as a teenager. I was lucky enough to have a neighbor who was and excellent bowler and gave me lessons. Don't remember what my score was. Following you via G+, GFC, and Bloglovin.
    Thanks for linking up to Super Sunday Sync.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Bev
    @ Eclectic Red Barn

    ReplyDelete