Monday, June 3, 2013

What if


One day when I was at work this woman told me “I was late today because my daughter was late getting home. She had my car so I couldn’t leave until she got home.”  The woman told me how she was so angry with her daughter. She said it was just a couple of minutes late, but it threw her daily schedule off just a little. On her way to work there was a car on the side of the road with the door open, and she could hear sirens. She said she didn’t have time to stop, and she knew help was on the way because she could hear sirens. She later found out that the person in that car had been shot. It had just occurred a couple minutes before she drove past. The shooting was a random one, there was no purpose behind the shooting. She told me what if my daughter wasn’t late I would have been in that location when it happened. It could have been me that was shot.

I guess so often we think about what if this would have happened. If only this hadn’t happened. But really maybe those things that seem like such a pain in the butt were a way of protecting us.

So if things don’t go exactly as you planned them today, keep in mind it might just be your guardian angel earning his paycheck for the day. He might be protecting you from the what if in your life.
 
 
 
 
Music to blog by Cristina by Teleman
 
 

6 comments:

  1. A very sweet thought. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding us... It is true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! God is so good and he protected her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You know i just told another one of my blog readers the same thing. Sometimes being late or delayed is a good thing. It may save you from being involved in something bad.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola Heidi!
    Love this post, it is all so true! Thanks for linking up and sharing!

    ~SimplyyMayra :)

    ReplyDelete