Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Big Shout Out to Vielma

I’m not really a fashionista. I love fashion, I love new clothes, but I wouldn’t say that my life revolves around it. But when I saw that the fashion line Vielma was using the 81 year old model Jenni Rhodes, I thought they deserved a big shout out. The fashion industry is beaten up all the time for its use of teenagers to model clothing. In my opinion they deserve most of the beatings they get since very few people look like the models we see in fashion magazines. So since there has been another move in the right direction in the fashion 
industry they deserve praise for it. They have recognized that true beauty does not depend on your age.



Music to blog by I Heard It Through the Grapevine by Marvin Gaye



4 comments:

  1. I had not heard this story about the older model. That is super and well deserved.
    YOu can never go wrong with some Marvin Gaye. Thank you for linking up sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, really neat about the model. I like that it does not matter you age to be successful. I love your choice of song. Followed you from Holli Tuesday's hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that the industry is loosining up some they need to alot lol. Great post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Marvin....I don't think there's an album in my families' homes that doesn't have 'Grapevine' on it.

    btw......Jenni Rhodes is an amazing looking woman! Good on Vielma! It's Britain's Zandra Rhodes that give me the willies.........

    ReplyDelete