Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Ice Cream You Scream We All Scream for Ice Cream Cones

Dear Mr. Menches:


I just wanted to drop you a note and tell you how much I appreciate your invention. It has brought so much pleasure into my life. I wonder if you knew exactly how happy your invention would make me when you introduced your ice cream cone at the 1904 St. Louis World’s Fair? I understand that there were others who made the claim on this invention, and that Italo Marchiony even received a patent for an device that was edible and had handles. But I believe that your cone made from a rolled waffle works much better. And the waffle is a far superior idea to the use of pita bread like some individuals in the Mid Easterners did. I wonder what the individuals who visited The Louisiana Purchase Exhibition at the fair said when they first saw your invention. Did you have to encourage people to try your ice cream cones? Or did people simply flock to your vending location. All of this is probably a roundabout way of saying thank you for inventing the ice cream cone.



Music to blog by Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy



6 comments:

  1. Mmmmm...An ice cream cone sounds really good right now!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, it's National Ice Cream month. ENJOY a cone or ten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoever invented the ice-cream cone I thank them as well. I would rather order my waffle cone at Cold Stone than get it in a bowl. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who doesn't like a nice ice cream cone.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute thank you note! I may have to stop and get an ice cream cone tonight. ;D

    ♥ aquariann
    Featured Photo: Delaware State Fair Dance Mob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Where do we send 'Thank You' notes! ;-) -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    Thank you for linking to Tuesdays with a Twist!

    ReplyDelete