Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Other Colors

I was on youtube the other day, and I saw this video called Mes yeux bleus dans tes yeux noirs (My Blue Eyes) by The Other Colors. The Other Colors is a French electronic music band. Much of their music is a little bit experimental. And it reminds me of music that would have been played at a rave back in the day. And I think that is part of what caught my attention, I love how the band has taken a minimalistic approach to the song. They have repeated a phrase and used different electronic sounds to mix things up a little. The music is creative and so much different than the songs that we hear over and over on the radio.

My Blue Eyes by The Other Colors


And then there is that video. It starts out with that large blue eye, and you keep deeper into the eye. Then all of the sudden the process is being reversed. It kind of has that 60’s psychedelic feel to it.


Then I decided that I wanted to learn more about the band and its members. The Other Colors has two members: Marie Moor and Laurent Chambert. Both are seasoned musicians. Marie started out in the 80’s with new wave music. And Laurent has won awards for his electronic music composition. The two first began creating music together in 2007. Since then they have recorded three albums. So go check out their music on Spotify.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Heidi! Very interesting electronic and video composition. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete