Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day Weekend Wrap Up

I hope everyone had as great a Labor Day Weekend as I did. I decided to wrap up the traditional summer with the way that I started it; A drive to the drive in. Check out the Drive in Life Lessons post to see how I started the summer. I visited the 1324 drive in located in Wabash Indiana this weekend. This was like no other drive in I have ever visited. And I like drive ins. And the reason for this is I didn’t have to wait in line to get in. And the marquee was the best I have ever seen. It’s a fully restored original drive in marquee. It looks fantastic when it’s lit up at night. If you have a chance drive to Wabash just to see the sign lit up. Do it!


Since I traveled down to Wabash for the drive in experience, I spent the night at my friends Sarah and Jon’s house. It was totally awesome! They live out in the country, and it is so quiet. But the other great thing is they loaded me up on fresh fruits and vegetables from their garden. And we picked blackberries. There are few things as tasty as fresh picked blackberries.



I hope everyone else had a wonderful Labor Day Weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you have drive-ins in the US. We don't have them in the UK and I am a film geek so it's really annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the drive in sign. I've been watching the History channel lately and there is so much interest in restoring these vintage parts of America. There are no more drive ins in my part of Michigan now, but I remember the fun of going as a family with my sisters in the back seat, wearing pajamas, and falling asleep on the way home. Fun!

    ReplyDelete