Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Trip to Hell and Back

Who says that the trip to hell and back has to be an awful experience? At least my trip to Hell, Michigan wasn’t awful. In fact it was a great time! My friend Rhiannon told me about a hearse parade that takes place in Hell, Michigan a month or so ago, and I said I want to go see that! So the day arrived, and off we all went.


It was a warm beautiful day, and when we arrived at the festival. I was so excited. I waited to see all of these hearses for over a month. When I saw a whole park full of hearses I was like I where do you start?



I loved the 1938 hearse. It was awesome! And the owner knew it too! He made sure that nobody leaned or touched the hearse too much. I can’t say that I blame him! It was in perfect condition!

Another great thing about the day was seeing so many of the hearses decorating in a spooky theme. It’s amazing what you can do with a skeleton, a casket, and a clown costume isn’t it?

But the fun didn’t stop there! The town has an amazing little gift shop full of spooky gifts. The shop hasn’t held back with their decorations either. As my friend Rhiannon put it you look like a kid in a candy shop as I stood admiring all the Halloween goodies and spooky artwork that the shop offered.


And what is a trip to Hell without a stop at Screams Ice Cream? I would say it would be incomplete. The ice cream served there is so good.



While the hearse parade didn’t break the world record as the organizers hoped. There’s always next year, and I can’t wait to return with my traveling buddies to see what happens then.

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha! What's a trip to hell if you don't get ice cream! ;-)
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be in Heaven! I love Halloween and all things scary and decorated. Looks like a lot of fun and the hearses are too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing :) i realy love this post
    check my blog if you want too:)
    NEW POST -> Tr3nDyGiRL Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a town named "hell" wow how cool is that.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely parade! And that ice cream looks so yummy xxx

    ReplyDelete