Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Mother of All Meltdowns Book Review

I was really fortunate to receive a copy of The Mother of All Meltdowns Real Stories of Moms’ Finest (Worst, Completely Awful) Moments! from Crystal Ponti to review. The book is a collection of stories by mommy bloggers. I didn’t know what to expect when I started reading the book. When I started reading the anthology of stories about motherhood, I soon began to laugh. As I read the stories about women who found they were pregnant, and their reactions, I laughed. Then I read more of the stories that told how mothers dealt with some of their children’s behavior, and I laughed again. I read about meltdowns! I read about how people treated women with babies. I read about what happens when the kids are being too quiet. And I laughed! So in case you haven’t figured it by now this book is humorous.

The stories in the book reminded of things from the pages of Fannie Flagg’s or Erma Bombeck’s books. They are humorous, but they have a point. And the point is that there are times when you can’t be the perfect mother, but it’s best to look at the humor in those moments and not fret over that moment. There are so many other moments that can make up for that meltdown. But the book also offers a few helpful hints to moms who have had a meltdown.


This is a fun book for moms of all ages, and for anyone who knows a mom. Visit Crytal’s blog Mommifried to learn more about the book.

16 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Thank you for the wonderful review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked it! I laughed out loud at several of the stories, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would we do without our sense of humor? We'd all be in the looney bin I think! Thanks for the wonderful review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Heidi! Glad you enjoyed the book! I think it's a great compilation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you enjoyed the book! Writing the story (The Backpack that Broke the Mama's Back) was a scary thing to do, but when I read the entire collection I realized we're all in this together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for reading and reviewing our book! Meltdowners Unite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the positive review! Thank you for reading it and laughing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you enjoyed the book! It's definitely hard to put yourself out there...but we all have our moments!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the review. I laughed reading everyone else's stories, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the great review!! So glad you enjoyed the book. I can't wait to read it again myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for a great review.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks you so much!! Being compared to Erma Bombeck is is some pretty high praise! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like books that can make me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not only am I thanking you for including us on your site and giving us such a glowing review, but I'm also thanking you for making it sound like what it is - a funny book that hopes to be helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My husband would look at me like I was crazy as I sat looking at my ipad (reading) and giggling. The stories are not only funny, but oh so relateable!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so very much very the wonderful review of our book. I am trying to catch up a bit before I head out again for the afternoon, but I just wanted to tell you how honored I was for the inclusion on your site and for all your kind words, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete