Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Dear Pocahontas


Dear Pocahontas

I know it is kind of late notice, but I was wondering if you’re not busy for Thanksgiving Dinner if you would like to come celebrate the holiday with me and my friends.  I figure it is about time that someone returns the favor that you and the people of your community paid to our pilgrim immigrant forefathers.

In my opinion it was pretty cool that you were able to convince your father, and your community to provide the pilgrims with assistance. I mean they just wouldn’t have made it without the food and educational assistance of the natural born citizens of the area like you.

I’m really sorry about the way that your people were treated in the time that followed the kind assistance that your people provided to these pilgrim immigrants. Pocahontas, if you knew how things would turn out in your people’s future would you have helped the pilgrims? Or would you have just let them die off?

I guess you can answer my questions if you decide to stop by. The meal should be ready around noonish, and feel free to bring a guest. There should be plenty of food, but if you have something special you would like to go along with our Thanksgiving feast of turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, and cranberries you can bring that too. I hope to see you soon.

Sincerely,


Heidi

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering the exact same thing over the past few days. But good people are just that - good people. They don't the heart to let anyone starve if they can prevent it from happening, no matter the consequences.

    ReplyDelete