Saturday, December 7, 2013

Easy Handmade Candy Cane Garland

Handmade candy cane garland is an easy and inexpensive way to get your entire family involved with decorating your home for the Christmas holiday season.

This is what you’ll need.


Paper I used some pages of an old torn up book.
Crayons I used red and green
Scissors
And some ribbon or string, whatever suits your fancy.


First draw a picture of a candy cane on the paper. I drew one, and then traced the pattern onto the rest of the sheets of paper. Then cut out the candy canes.
Next grab your crayons, and color some lines on the paper you cut out.
Now punch a hole in the top of each candy cane, and string the string through the holes.

Hang it up, and you have garland that was easy and fun for everyone to make.

13 comments:

  1. Now that's some easy decorating that I can do. I'm just now pulling down my tree from the attic. Hope to get the tree up & decorating in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea! Definitely passing this one onto my sister to do with my nephews. Lovely post :)

    Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look cute! We haven't started decorating yet, we will next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an easy and fun DIY, perfect for holiday season :) Thanks for stopping by. xx

    Maja
    http://modern-muffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fun to make w/the kiddos too! :) I'm visiting today from Loving the Weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way cute idea and love the simplicity of it! Thanks for sharing and linkin to Sunday FUNday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for linking up with my party !
    xx
    Mila
    milaslittlethings.com
    milawayable@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've no idea how candy canes came to symbolize Christmas but my children always want some in their stocking, this is a lovely way to make some bunting and a fun activity for children to join in with too. I'd be tempted to try some by stringing real candy canes together too and allowing the children one a day from the sting, all sorts of possibilities. Thank you so much for sharing with me on #Trash2Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  9. totally easy and better for your teeth :) We always add candy canes to the tree but this would be fun to hang on the doorways or decorate packages. Great kid craft too! Thanks for sharing at the Christmas in July party!

    ReplyDelete