Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Jalapeno, Cheese, and Bacon Cornbread

Everybody loves cornbread with a meal from time to time. And well most everybody loves a little spice. So why not add spice your cornbread. Just add jalapeno cheese and bacon to your cornbread to add a little zing to it.
jalapeno cornbread

Here’s what you need.

Cornbread mix

1 egg
1/3 cup of milk
1 chopped jalapeno pepper
¼ cup of corn
½ cup of shredded cheese
¼ cup crumbled bacon


Mix the items together. Put them in a greased 8 x 8 baking dish, and bake at 400 for about 15 to 20 minutes.


7 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome! I am going to have to give this a go sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jalapeno cornbread is my favorite, but I've never had it with bacon. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love a good cornbread, but I never thought to add all those delicious fixings. Definitely will try that next time a make a batch. I tend to make mine from scratch instead of a mix, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would this work without the jalapenos because the upset my stomach, I have copied the recipe and will see if my niece will make it for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could easily leave out the jalepeno's. It just wouldn't have the extra spicy taste.

      Delete
  5. Wow, this looks amazing and so easy to make! Thanks Heidi for visiting me and for the sweet words :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. MMMMM We love cornbread and this version sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing at the Happiness Is Homemade Link Party! Awesome post! I have pinned it to the Happiness Is Homemade Party Board. I can't wait to see what you link up next week!
    Cathy
    APeekIntoMyParadise.com

    ReplyDelete