Saturday, February 8, 2014

Dreaming of Spring

As I sit looking out the window at the snow falling, I can’t help dreaming of spring. As my faithful followers have read I really don’t enjoy the cold weather. And this year has been a cold one so far. And February may be the shortest month in terms of days in the calendar, but it is the longest in terms of waiting for the arrival of spring in my opinion.

So I’m dreaming of spring and all of the things it will bring. Here’s a list of some of the things that spring will bring and I can’t wait to see.

Tulips I love tulips. Part of it is because they are some of the first flowers to bloom in the spring. Another part of it is the variety of colors they come in, and the other part of it is they never cease to fail.



Spring jackets and not warming up the car before I leave for work are the other thing I am looking forward to. It just seems to take longer to get ready to go anywhere in the winter. Yes, the hats, gloves and scarves can be fun, but I could be sleeping another 15 minutes in the morning if I didn’t have to warm up the car before I went to work. I can’t wait to throw on a light jacket and run out the door.

Warmth yes, it is always warmer in the spring. The temperatures are warmer, but not so hot that we begin to complain about the heat. Temperatures are in the comfort zone.

And last but not least, a new wardrobe. I get to put away all of those winter clothes, and pull out my spring and summer ones. It’s kind of like going shopping without buying anything. All of the outfits are different.

Let me know what you are looking forward to with spring coming.

5 comments:

  1. I am dreaming of nice cool days, as all this bloody hot weather is draining

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in the middle of very cold winter weather. I am so looking forward to spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need the snow to melt.
    I need the air to warm up.

    I need Spring too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we need some rain or snow here. We are heading for a drought this spring...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to next week. I heard tale of 70 degree weather!! Big difference from our foot of snow this week! Visiting from the Wakeup Wed Linky!! :) Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete