Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Questions for the Youth of the World

Yes, I do believe I have aged a little. Not that much, but I do notice some things that mystify me about younger people any more. If you are younger, perhaps you can answer a couple of these questions and help me out. Because these questions are for the you of the world.

1.       This one is actually directed to the young man that was at the grocery store the other day when it was 10 degrees out. Why do you complain about being so cold when you have the waist band of your pants hanging below your butt? If you pulled up your pants to your waistline you might be a little warmer. Fashion statements are wonderful, but don’t you think there are times when you should just fashion to the wind and keep your butt warm?

2.       Do you really enjoy all those reality tv shows? Can’t you just go out and do a lot of the things that are done on reality tv? You might have some fun doing those things.

3.       For all of you filling your facebook full of selfies, don’t you have friends that you want in those pictures or do you just communicate with others through texting, facebook and twitter.

4.       Girls sporting those mustache things, don’t you really think mustaches look much better on men than women? In time you will probably go to great lengths to avoid facial hair.



5.       Are there any of you who really believe the world will end in a zombie apocalypse? Keep in mind that they told me the world would end in a nuclear apocalypse it hasn’t so far, although I do think that the nuclear apocalypse is a little more possible than the zombie one.


Let me know what you think about all of these things, and let me know if there is anything that mystifies you about those of us who have been around the block a couple of times.

3 comments:

  1. Heidi, There are hilarious, but very real observations that I've made as well! I found you on the Blog Train @ Stone Cottage Adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do they also only wear sweatshirts in sub-zero weather? I don't like to think of myself as old but I did ask just the other day why all those kids (20 year olds) are walking around without coats on!

    The other things are all sk true too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I wonder these same things myself. In some ways I think that I have lost touch with my younger side. I hope I remember at least a little bit of what in the world I was thinking when my kids become teens

    ReplyDelete