Monday, February 24, 2014

Those Little Habits

I know that that I have absolutely no annoying little habits in life. Okay, so I’m pretending I don’t have any annoying habits. But if I’m really am honest I do. And as I was talking with a friend yesterday, the question came up why is it so hard to break bad habits? You know like eating junk foods, sitting on the couch watching TV, and spending too much money. But it’s so easy to break those habits that are good for you like packing a healthy lunch for work, going for a walk after work, and of course sticking to that savings plan.

They say that it takes 30 days to break a bad habit. So if you decide to pack your lunch and take it to work, and you do it for 30 days you have broken the habit of eating out at lunchtime. But say things get a little hectic at home, and you can’t pack a lunch for those days. You manage to break your good habit in less than 30 days.

So where is this rambling going?  It’s going toward a bad habit I want to break. You know a goal I want to set for myself.

The bad habit I want to break is putting off returning phone calls, and text messages. I’ve mentioned it before, and it’s a joke between some of my friends. They have stated that sometimes I have to review my text messages to her to see what I asked two days ago. Yes, it’s true. And I’ve decided that it’s time to change that habit. It’s time to stop living in my own world, and return calls in a timely fashion. So for the next 30 days that is my goal. It will be a challenge, but with a little work I think it is something I can achieve.



What little bad habits do you want to change?

6 comments:

  1. I'm bad returning calls and texts too! Sometimes it's just hard lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not the best at returning phone calls either, especially to family members. Sometimes I'm just not up for all the drama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am one of those people who will usually return a phone call and reply to a text message straight away, that said I have a habit of putting off things like changing the sheets or vacuuming the floor I will look at the bed and think I will do it in the morning and of course when the morning comes around I forget or I will look at the floor and think vacuum Jo-Anne and then I don't......................I have got into the habit of going for a walk every morning but I have to stay there are mornings when it is hard to get moving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same bad habit! I will sometimes see a call come through, ignore it, and then take forever to follow up. I'm just not in the mood to talk sometimes!

    Thanks so much for sharing on Turn It Up Tuesday! We love having you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Heidi! Great post. (This alone has made me join your blog via Google Friends Connect.) I am so glad I clicked on your link...I'm stopping in from Turn It Up Tuesday. My name is Courtney, and I blog over at The Brown Girl with Long Hair. And, man, do I have my fair share of bad habits. Jeez. Too many to name, but I will say I feel you about the not calling people back right away. (Hell, I've got two kids under three, an instant call back just ain't possible sometimes; so people have to deal with it.) I'm decent on returning texts, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 30 days can seem like an eternity! but so worth the effort - thanks so much!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete