Monday, March 31, 2014

Curried Mushrooms in Cheese Wrap

I really like mushrooms, they can be used in so many different ways and they are pretty inexpensive. Curried mushrooms in cheese are a different twist on mushrooms that can be used as an accompaniment to meat, as a spread or dip. In this case I used it to make a wrap.


Here’s what you need

1 large flour tortilla
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 medium onion finely chopped
3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
3 cups finely chopped mushrooms
6 tablespoons softened cream cheese
1 ½ teaspoons curry powder
Freshly ground pepper
Sea Salt to taste

In a skillet heat the butter, add the garlic, onion, green pepper, and mushrooms. Sauté for a few minutes. Then stir in the cream cheese, stir until the all the items are combined. Now add the curry, pepper and salt.

Once it is thoroughly combined, spread the mushrooms on your tortilla, and roll your tortilla up.

4 comments:

  1. I just love curry and I never thought of adding it to my sandwiches! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really liked mushrooms, but curried mushrooms? Definitely worth trying!

    Thanks so much for sharing on Turn It Up Tuesday! We love having you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tortilla looks good... is that just whole wheat flour?
    Thanks for sharing this recipe at the Healthy Tuesday hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds good. I have never cooked with curry before. I'm interested because I hear so much about it. What kinda flavor does it have? I'm assuming it's spicy. I too love mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete