Wednesday, March 26, 2014

How I Became a Shonen Knife Fan

It’s always interesting to see how we become fans of bands, and the music they perform. So this is how I became a fan of Shonen Knife.

This is my friend Doug. It’s a flattering picture of him isn’t it?


One day we were doing this. (Sitting in the car)


We were talking, because that’s what you do when you sitting in a car with someone, and he asked me if I ever heard of a band called Shonen Knife.


I tell him no, and he tells me your gonna love them. He  explains that they are a Japanese pop punk band. And he puts this cd into the player.

And this is some of the music I heard.

Now, I began to bounce around because how can you not bounce around to that song? It’s just got that beach pop sound with a hard edge.



And from that day forward I’ve been a Shonen Knife fan. Their music brings back great memories, and it’s so much fun to listen to.


So now you know how I became a fan of Shone Knife, how did you become a fan of some of the bands you listen to?

6 comments:

  1. I got my love of music from listening to my uncle's albums. He had music from bands like Ozzy Osbourne and other rock groups. Now I like all kinds of music :).

    Love this story! Thanks for sharing it with us at the I'm Every Woman Weekly blog hop! TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heidi. Stopping by from I'm Every Woman Blog Hop! I hadn't heard of Shonen Knife until just now. Will have to ask my teen if he knows of them. Awesome images !!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea, to look back and see what originally introduced you to a band or singer! I'm a fan of Darius Rucker now because it was my husband's idea to go to one of his concerts, and prior to the concert he played some of his songs for me on youtube so that I'd know what to expect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am horrible at finding new music but my friend always plays great music and that's how I find new groups!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love listening to new music. Sounds like a good time

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love finding good and new things. This sounds like it was a good time.

    ReplyDelete