Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I Just Can't Live Without

There are so many things in the world that make life easier, and sometimes better than it was in the past. Items like automobiles, toasters, vacuum cleaners, and washing machines are part of our daily lives. They are all great, but are they necessary to survive? No, we all they aren’t necessary to live our everyday life. Life went on for thousands of years before they were invented. But I just can’t live without indoor plumbing.


Yes, I know it is a weird thing to say that I can’t live without indoor plumbing, but it’s true. I can’t imagine running out doors in this cold weather we have experienced this winter to use an outhouse. And what would I do without a hot bath or shower? I mean come on cleanliness is next to Godliness right? And then how did people cope without being able to turn on the tap in order to get a cold drink of water?

What would my life be like if I had to go to a well to get water? I mean I have a problem with forgetting to do routine tasks. So what if I forget to get the daily supply of water? I’d be in some trouble wouldn’t I?


So now you know what I can’t live without, what can’t you live without?

8 comments:

  1. no it most definitely not weird to say you need indoor plumbing, whenever I go to foreign country or don't get to shower for a couple of days and I get back to my normal surrounds am I never more thankful than to have indoor plumbing! It definitely raises the quality of life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My great grandmother didnt have running water. As a kid growing up and staying summers with her, it was an adjustment. She had a large tank/ well that we filled bowls with to clean and cook. We bathed every night on the porch but we had to warm up the water on stove for the bath. Very hard life back then compared to what we're used to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I could love without it either!
    Thanks for linking up with me today!
    -Jennie
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you. I can't imagine having to go outside to pee when it's cold or snowing. Or having to go in the middle of the night. I would have to put on more clothes and shoes. What about having diarrhea? Imagine that in an out house. Thanks for sharing. Visiting from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so, so grateful for indoor plumbing! I love it. seriously. Other than camping, only one time I've stayed in a village where there wasn't indoor pluming, there was a little bathroom building that stood on its own that people could walk out and use. No fun in the middle of the night!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely couldn't tolerate being without indoor plumbing on all levels!! Thanks for co-hosting the Wednesday Wake Up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you on "wake up Wednesday" and loved your post....I have used toilets or so called toilets all over the world.....and there is No place like home! I have a travel blog, and Maybe my next post should be about toilets around the world...lol

    http://karanandmichael.blogspot.com/2013/07/why-we-love-cruising.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. NO you can not under any circumstances take my indoor plumbing away... I wouldn't make it. I wouldn't survive. :) Thanks for co-hosting the Wednesday Wake Up.

    ReplyDelete