Saturday, March 29, 2014

Purple Roses, Coffee Beans, and All Things In Between

Jon Yoon is a musician who happens to play my current favorite instrument, the ukulele. And everybody knows you can’t be sad if you listen to a ukulele. Jon has a new release called Purple Roses, Coffee Beans, and All Things In Between.

The first song on the release is called Pretty White Lies, and the melody to the song is so pretty.  The song reminded of how there are things about individuals that they share with us that we know aren’t really the truth, but we want to believe that it is the truth about them.

The song Pumpkin Spice Latte is about the memories of a relationship that has ended, and it has a line that I absolutely love. Seasonal drinks aren’t meant to last. Isn’t that the truth everything has a time and season. And maybe it’s because I’ve been thinking about change so much recently, that the line jumped out at me
.

Jon’s music is relaxing to listen to, and it is great for times when you are feeling just a little bit reflective. And I love that he chosen the ukulele as his primary instrument. It shows that he isn’t afraid to be a little different from the rest of the music world. And I like that! So go over to his website and listen to his music. And while you’re there make sure to sign up for his mailing list so that you can keep up with where he is playing, as well as any new music he is creating.

5 comments:

  1. I have never heard of him but that is not surprising I am living in a cave of my own design lately locked away from all thing I don't listen to the radio any more or music tv channels just the way it is lately

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation! I'm doing a fun uke performance this weekend and will definitely give this guy a listen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing - will check him out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the review!

    ReplyDelete