Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sushi Easter Basket

Easter will be here, and we will all need items for the basket. Why not create an Easter Basket Sushi? Yes, we all know a few sushi lovers that might just go a little gaga over this.

The centerpiece of this masterpiece will be Peeps Sushi. Yes, it’s been posted on several sites so I don’t know who to give the credit to for the idea, but whoever it is thank you. The great thing about it is it’s so easy to make, and of course it tastes great!
Sushi Easter Basket


What you’ll need


Peeps
Fruit Roll ups
Rice Krispie Treats
A knife
Kitchen Scissors

Now, cut some different shape out of your rice krispie treats, I did circles and rectangles. Next cut your roll ups into strips about ¾ of an inch wide.  Cut some of the heads of your peeps and leave some of them 
whole. Wrap the fruit roll up strip around the edges of the rice krispie treat. Place your peeps on top of the rice krispie treats. If you are adding a whole peep to the top use a roll up to make the peep stay in place.

Here are some ideas for other things you can add to your basket:

Chopsticks to eat the sushi with
Small Kawaii toys go to etsy they have a great supply.
An anime book or dvd if you’re give the basket to a child be sure it is age appropriate.
Japanese candy you can pick up small packages at your local Asian food market.

All of these things will make a fun and unique gift basket.

5 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea! I am a BIG sushi love it, but even if I wasn't this is just too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I need peeps wrapped in bacon. How can I lose?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming over from I'm Every Woman blog hop. What a great idea! All foods my kids would love, and seems easy enough for this "non-baking" mom to actually accomplish. I have to admit ... I first thought you really meant sushi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. now that definetly is something different that will surprise all

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are too cute! My daughter would love them! Thanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete