Monday, April 28, 2014

A Day in My Life

Okay, so have you ever had one of those mornings when you wake up, and get ready and go to work? Everything seems to going smoothly. You call your supervisor and report in like you’re supposed to. You think uhh, that’s quite a bit of work, but I can get out of here on time. Then something happens, and you’re like Oh, No! That’s what happened to me this week.

I got to work in the morning, and the person I was supposed to work with wasn’t there. I thought they are late. So a little time goes by, and the person still isn’t there. You think you hear a bell ring so you go to see if you need to let them in. There isn’t anyone there so you run to another door. And there isn’t anybody there. You turn around, and you see a closed door. You go to open the door, and it is locked. You reach in your pocket for the keys, they are inside. You look for your phone, its inside. You have a sinking feeling, and all you can think is “Oh, No!”

You check all of the other doors to the building, and they are locked. So you run to the gas station to use the phone, but of course your supervisor’s phone number is in your cell phone locked in the building. You try the other offices that affiliated with your business. Of course nobody is answering the phone. You realize that another supervisor’s phone number is in your car, but your keys are locked in the building. Then you think well maybe I can read the phone number through the window. The paper with the phone number on it is upside down.

Then you remember you have road side assistance, thank God! You call the insurance company, and explain the situation. Geico does have extremely helpful customer service agents! I do mean that he was so nice. But since my keys are not locked in the car, it will be an out of pocket expense. Oh, my money is in the building which is locked up.

So through much work I managed to get into the car through the hatchback. Crawl through the back of the car, and I had the phone number. Now, I am making progress. I run back to the gas station, and call the number. It goes to voice mail. I begged him please come let me in the building. Three hours after my initial Oh, No, I got back in the building.


So tell me how has your day been?

9 comments:

  1. WOW!! You need a glass of wine when you get home. Sorry your day was so hectic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Turn It Up Tuesday. What a day, and you were still sane enough to write this post, lol. A true demonstration that you are a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, after living through such a day you really need a long lavender soak to unwind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, what an eventful day to say the least. I bet you'll never leave your phone or the keys behind again when you go anywhere near those doors again. Thanks for sharing your stressful day with us. I hope you got to go home and have a nice long hot bath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you were able to go home and kick your shoes off and have a nice glass of wine or if you are like me a nice port and coke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by during the blog hop from Katherine's Corner. I agree...at least one very nice glass of wine and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! - How awful! Good job at keeping your cool and figuring it out!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all need a break sometimes!! I feel so hectic sometimes that I look for my phone while I am talking on it! Yes, I guess that means: time for a break!!!

    ReplyDelete