Monday, April 14, 2014

My Three Favorite Cartoon Themes Songs Growing Up

Yes, once upon a time, there was a time when no adult dared to touch a television. They dared not plan outings. They dared not invade the room with the television. That was Saturday morning! Saturday mornings were a magical time when cartoons were shown. Because in once upon a time land, there was no Nikelodeon, there was no Cartoon Network. In fact, a youngster couldn’t even put a cartoon in a machine to watch it whenever they pleased because the machines to replay those cartoons didn’t exist. Here are three of my favorite cartoon themes from that magical time.

Fat Albert



For me Fat Albert was the best cartoon on Saturday morning. Yes, Albert and all of his friends adventures were always fun to watch. And it had that extra plus of having Bill Cosby on the show. This tune will always remind me of Saturday morning.

Scooby Doo


Ah, yes! Scooby Dooby Doo where are you? This was the intro line to a half hour of mystery and fun. I loved the cartoon, and I always want to sing-a-long with the song whenever I hear it.

The Jetsons



I loved the entire family, and since I am a geek girl. I really loved that it was in the future. It always made me wonder what the future would be like.


So these are my three favorite cartoon theme songs, what were yours?

13 comments:

  1. The Fat Albert theme song just made my night. I never saw that show, but know Fat Albert from Cosby's comedy routines. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well my mind has gone blank and the only thing i can think of is reading rainbow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take a Look it's in a book... lol now it's in my head too. Scooby is a constantly played song as well as the theme song to "One Saturday Morning" which was not a show but the song they played between cartoons on Saturday Morning lol. I miss Saturday mornings the way they used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved watching Scooby Doo and The Jetsons! I was just talking about The Jetsons the other day ha ha, how funny! Cartoons now days are awful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still love watching Scooby Doo it is on often in this house as Leo and Blain love Scooby Doo I was also a fan of The Jetsons but that isn't on much anymore which sucks as none of my grandchildren have seen it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, Scooby Doo is still a main course serving when cartoons are on the menu - and I love the new theme tune even more. Is it wrong that I play air guitar to it? But my all time fave is Jamie and the Magic Torch, which proves just one thing: I am very, very old...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Rocky and Bullwinkle! Of course I dreamed of living the Jetson life. G'Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved all 3 of these too and the Flintstones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember those days with Saturday morning cartoons! It was a big deal. Now there are cartoons 24/7. Thanks for visiting 1camera1mom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of Fat Albert before! Thats hilarious!!
    x
    #BrillBlogPosts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never heard the first one but yes to Scooby Doo and Jetsons and mine would be Flintstones too! Memories! Thanks for linking up to #brilliantblogposts, please link back or add my badge! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't watch Scooby-Doo when I was a kid, but my daughter grew up on it and I fell in love with it, and the theme song, then. There was also the Bugs Bunny/Road Runner show and the Flintstones. Classics all around!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely Scooby Doo, Jetsons, Looney Tunes. I also loved the Superfriends!
    Great post... I REALLY miss Saturday morning cartoons.

    Nancy at Hungry Enough To Eat Six
    2014 A to Z Challenge Participant

    ReplyDelete