Tuesday, April 22, 2014

PX This - The Revised Edition (Diary of the "Maître d' to the Stars") Book Review

I recently had the opportunity to read PX This-The Revised Edition (Diary of the “Maître d’ to the Stars”) by Abbe Diaz, and I enjoyed what I read. This book is about a young woman who works in the restaurant business in order to pay the bills, but she has the dream of becoming a big time clothing designer. When she isn’t at her job, she is busy working on designs, making phone calls, and selling her designs to whomever she can sell them to.


The thing that I really liked about this book is that Abbe is a really driven person. Even though she often feels like giving up, she never really does. She is one of those women who know that life has something much different in store for her, but she does what she has to in order to get to that something different. This is something I could really relate to. I know that there is something different in store for my life, and I am working to make it happen, but at times it seems like it will take forever.

As I was reading the book, I felt like she was a little self-centered, you know everything is about me. But then I thought it’s a diary they are always centered on the writer. It’s a place where you can write everything.

As I said earlier I really enjoyed reading this book. Her style is witty, even when she is writing about the mundane task of going to a job that is less than desirable. This book is definitely geared toward young women, and it reminded me a little bit of Confessions of a Shopaholic. 

You can check out Abbe’s website or go through Amazon to purchase the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment