Thursday, April 10, 2014

Spring Gardening

Yes, I love spring, I can finally begin working in my garden again. But the challenge in my yard is the oak tree. Yes, oaks are mighty trees indeed, but they shed a mighty amount of leaves. And they don’t shed them all in the fall. In fact someone mentioned to me the other day we know that winter is over because the last oak leaf has fallen. Well I can tell you winter is over, but my garden is full of oak leaves.

Here are some pictures.







So you can see I have loads of work ahead of me. And I wonder how many bags I will end up with. Anyway, I’ll keep you posted on how my spring gardening comes, and hopefully, next time there will be some flowers to show.

6 comments:

  1. We are finally moving out of our apartment next month and i cant wait to plant flowers in our back yard!! Good luck with your garden and it does look you may need a few bags for those leaves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck dear!! Cant wait to start my garden!
    xx

    peacelovefashionxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have loads of work ahead :) You have a beautiful blog filled with inspirations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bit intimidated by the amount of work I have to do this season. It was a hard winter and there's so much to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, we too have been cleaning up what I called "Oceans of leaves". The winter snow's hit while there was still ton's on trees, thus the late and abundant clean up even now. But it's all worth it to see the lush greens come back, and the pretty posies planted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have tons of work ahead too. It's daunting to think about sometimes. Our pup has dragged everything out into the pool area and now that the snow is gone, it is time to clean up his disaster area. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete