Friday, April 4, 2014

To Leave Or Not To Leave

Recently, I had to wrestle with a decision about moving on. And to leave or not to leave was a tough one for me, but I did finally make a decision to leave my current job and return to a former employer.  Like every other decision in my life, I had to wrestle with it. I looked at the pros and cons. I thought about what I would loose and gain at each employer. I thought about the people at each employer. I talked to my friends about what I needed to do. And then I made a decision.
I had a sense of relief when I finally gave my two week notice. I was relieved that the decision was made. I was relieved that many of the negative experiences at that job would be over. I was glad I will be going back to a larger paycheck. Hurray! But I was sad because I really do like most of the people I work with.

One of my co-workers was flat out rude to me, but then she is always like that. One of the ladies I work with stated that she didn’t like how she talked to me. And I told her she is mad because I got another job. And she replied you’re right.

Like everything in life, I learned a few lessons while I was at this job. Some of the lessons were easy. And some of the lessons like the lessons on forgiveness were extremely difficult. I can honestly say that I am a better person for working there, but I am also relieved that the experience is over.  And I am excited to move on to another chapter in my work life.

11 comments:

  1. I can't stand office politics! I'm glad that you found a better place!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is full of lessons, you are right. We are constantly learning at all ages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new opportunity and being able to make the tough decision. Good luck!

    Great post! Visiting from SITS Girls Saturday Sharefest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is full learning and growing experiences. We all need them to keep s grounded and humble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the SITS Sharefest! Sometimes it can be so difficult to decide if you should stay or if you should go, but I'm glad you feel at peace with your decision!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a decision I have ever had to make but I am glad that at last you have made a decision and I hope it is the right one for you at this time in your life

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck and doing whats right for you is always the right decision :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on making the decision and I hope the change is a positive one for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I currently get to do my job from home, and I enjoy the heck out of it. Life decisions, like job changes, are hard. Usually we know before we verbalize our choice - otherwise we wouldn't have been looking.

    ReplyDelete

  10. Congratulations on the new job! glad you were able to make the decision

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for sharing your post at the Say G'day Saturday linky Party. I am so glad you are happy with your decision and congratulations on the new position. Good luck with everything!

    Hope to see you again at tomorrow's party!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete