Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Rockin' 45s

It’s Saturday night, and you are looking for something to do. I want to go out and hear some music is what you think. But where do I go, and who will be playing? If you’re lucky and you live in NY, you might be able to catch The Rockin’ 45s.

This is a four piece bar band. So of course their music is to be fun. And they deliver fun music. The Rockin’ 45s are heavily influenced by Jimmy Buffet so you know they have a unique style.



They band has created their own label called Allende Records, and the labels first release is some of their own music. The song Don’t Look At Me is a ballad. This song combines a really pretty melody with a message that isn’t quite as pretty. And I don’t mean that in a bad way. When you hear those pretty melodies you expect to hear a love song, but these guys deliver lyrics that state don’t look at me if you want love. I liked these lyrics. We’ve all had a friend that we enjoy spending time with that we find out in time wants more from us than friendship. It makes things awkward doesn’t it? This song is honest, it tells the person that I can’t give you what you’re looking for.  So the song is a mix of the romantic and anti-romantic. That’s not an easy combination, but they pull it off. 


And like most bar bands they do cover songs, and they take requests. If I’m ever in the New York area, I really want to see this band play. And I am sure that with their experience performing at clubs will assist them in finding talented artists. I really look forward to hearing what their label has to offer. Make sure you visit The Rockin’ 45s website in order to see what is new with them and where you can see them play.

No comments:

Post a Comment