Monday, June 9, 2014

A Stranger Made My Day

After I got off of work today, I ran into the gas station to get a pop. I just wanted something a little different to drink.  There was a line, and I waited with everyone else. When I got up to pay for my pop, the cashier told me that I didn’t need to pay because the gentleman in front of me  had already to paid for it. Isn’t that the coolest?

Why did this make my day? One someone was doing something without being asked. It was just a spontaneous event that occurred, I didn’t ask for it. But I’m glad it happened.  Two it reminded me that even though we hear all sorts of stories about how selfish people are, this act showed me that those aren’t the only people in the world. There are people who are selfish, but there are loads of people who are generous.  Three always expect the best out of people, and more times than not you will receive it.

So, the next time you are in line, spend an extra dollar and make someone’s day. You never know you might just restore someone’s belief in the goodness of others.


Music to blog by Altar Billlies I'm Still Standin

Other Links You May Like

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by and wanted to let you know that I pinned your post to our Monday Reflection Pinterest Board a moment ago.
    Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really great to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I love it when people are kind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! What a fun thing to have happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is great when someone does that

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stories like this make me so happy and assured that people ARE indeed good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it amazing how a simple act like that can totally bless our hearts? We experienced a similar situation years ago when someone paid for our dinner at a restaurant (all 7 of us!). Thanks for sharing, and reminding me to look for ways to be a blessing to someone else. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is incredible! Pinned! Thanks for being a part of our party. Please join us tonight at 7 pm. We love having you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete