Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I Sat Through the Whole Movie

We’ve all done it, we’ve all sat through a movie and afterwards we’ve told ourselves I sat through the whole movie, I can’t believe I just spent my time doing that. But even though we say the movie was awful, there were things we liked about the movies. Here are three of the movies that I can’t believe I sat through the whole movie.

Bad Taste

Crumb’s Crunchy Delights is an intergalactic food chain that has decided to add a new ingredient to its food. Yes, the aliens have invaded, and humans are the secret ingredient for their snacks. Okay, so I thought it was kind of along the lines of a zombie movie when I read the description so I checked it out. The movie has bad special effects, the costumes are bad, but there is humor in the movie. But the real reason I watched the whole thing. And this may only be understood by the geeks in the crowd. At the beginning of the movie Derek the main character in the movie has a Harry Potter scarf on. Yes he is wearing the colors from Harry Potter’s house. I sat through the movie wondering if J.K. Rowling watched the movie and if it was really the inspiration for the house colors.

Buck Rogers Planet Outlaws

Yes, this is a classic b movie, and well if you haven’t seen it you should. Buck Rogers and Buddy Wade are on a flight over the North Pole. They crash and low and behold 500 years later they are awakened to find that there is evil that must be fought in the world. And their mission is to do just that. The movie is the first in a series of movies. Okay, it is cheesy, but it really does reflect the times it was produced in. The first movie in the series came out in 1939. So these were very real issues, okay they are still real issues there is always a struggle between good and evil. But it did hold my attention because of that.

The Abominable Dr. Phibes

This 1971 movie about a man who seeks revenge on the men he believes are responsible for his wife’s death stars Vincent Price. And like Johnny Depp, Vincent Price is incapable of making a bad movie. Okay, well at least movies that aren’t interesting. So of course I had to watch the whole thing. The best part of the movie is when Phibes’ assistant is destroying all of his creations at the end of the movie with a sledgehammer. The police are in the room and she is still smashing away.

So if you ever just want to watch something a little offbeat check out one of these movies they will deliver offbeat.


Music to blog by classic 1950’s sci fi movie themes


5 comments:

  1. I have introduced Gwen to MST3K. We have now seen many bad bad movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it "Weird Movie Week" at Chez Fuqua???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was it "Weird Movie Week" at Maison Fuqua???

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Bad Taste" is an awesome movie! I thought the effects were pretty decent, at least given the fact that it was made by a few friends over the course of four years. Definitely a little on the cheesy side, but it was at least entertaining!

    And it was directed by Peter Jackson, who you may recognize as the director of "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy. Whod've thunk that? haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Bad Taste" is an awesome movie! I thought the effects were pretty decent, given the fact it was made by (I believe) four friends over the course of four years. Definitely a bit on the cheesy side, but entertaining nonetheless.

    And it was directed by Peter Jackson, who went on to direct "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy. Who would have guessed that would happen? lol

    ReplyDelete