Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Chance of a Lifetime

You’re given the chance of a lifetime; you’re given the opportunity to explore space. You are given the chance to go to Mars, but there is a catch. The catch is that you will never be able to return to earth.  What will you leave behind? Some things will be very easy to leave behind, but there are others that aren’t quite as easy.



Some of the things are obvious; you can’t take the people in your life with you. You can’t take your pets with you. How would they survive on Mars? But there are so many other things that I enjoy about earth, if that I would have to leave behind. Like chocolate or fresh fruit you won’t be able to take those with you. And then you will probably not have access to the latest in entertainment. In fact you wouldn’t have access to hardly anything. What would you absolutely have to take with you if you knew you were never coming back to earth?

The one thing that I decided I would want to take with me if I knew I would never be able to return to earth would be pressed flowers. And then I would want something that would retain their scent to go along with the flowers.  They say that scents really bring back memories, and I love all sorts of flowers so that would be the one reminder of earth that I would want to take with me if I had the chance to go to Mars and never return to earth.


What would you take with you to remind you of earth?

Music to blog by Space Oddity by David Bowie

Other links of interest


3 comments:

  1. Probably music, an Ipod filled with thousands of songs... and pictures of course, lots and lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music, lots and lots of music! and pictures of course lots of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't want to go on a one way trip unless I can take all my family with me

    ReplyDelete