Monday, June 23, 2014

The Hiding

The Hiding is a band that has been around for a few years. They hail from Australia, and they have released a new song called Run City Run. The band traveled to the States earlier this year to mix and record the song. And I like the results of their work.

The song has a pretty melody that is fun and catchy. But if you listen to the lyrics of the song it isn’t fun or light; it’s really about being lonely. It’s all about how an individual doesn’t understand why they are alone. The lyrics talk about being pulled into life. And even though the lyrics talk about loneliness I don’t think this is a depressing song. It’s more about I’m alone now, but things will change. In fact they state it’s not over yet, the world pulls me in.



I really enjoyed watching the video too. Since the song is about loneliness the band uses a lone figure painting a picture. The picture is a self-portrait. I think a lot of bands would have shown themselves playing instruments, or looking for members of the opposite sex. But this band has stuck with a simpler theme for the video, and I think that is what makes it so great. They have stuck with a solitary individual all alone and after all isn’t that how you feel when you feel lonely?


The band has released this song to college radio stations in the States, and I hope that it does well. I think its combination of a catchy melody along with intelligent lyrics about an emotion we have all experienced will make it a song that will pique listener’s interests. I hope it happens! And I really hope this band makes a big mark on the music scene in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment